Summer School 2018Posted on: 18/09/2018
This years summer school was a huge success. Over 170 of our new intake students signed up to take part in the activities on offer.
Students were able to select to do a number of activities these included-
- Water sports, at Swanpool beach where they took part in Kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, coasteering and many more water based pursuits.
- The world famous Eden project where they were able to explore the different Biomes and spend time in the space exhibition. âÂÂ
- Bushcraft where students learnt to light fires and make camps, create craft and identify different leaves and trees and explore nature.
- Trail Biking where they tested their cycling proficiency and went trail riding on the local hills and woodland.
- Art and fashion through the creation of garments from and simple T shirt and recycled fabrics.
- Sport through a range of activities including badminton, football and hockey.
The students amazed us with their sense of adventure, knowledge and creativity. All students seized the opportunities to work as a team and build new friendships. By the end of the week all student left knowing someone they didn't at the start of the week and felt confident and ready to start at their new school.