- facebook Share this page on Facebook
- twitter Tweet this page
- pinterest Pin this page
Terry Pryor Trust
Terry Pryor was a great sportsman and teacher who devoted his life to the young people of Redruth School and the Redruth community. In doing so, there are generations of Redruth people who will be indebted to his skills, support and generosity, as both a teacher and as a coach. Terry was universally admired for his commitment to young people and his love of particularly rugby and Geography.
Sadly, Terry passed away in March 2020, and is sorely missed. He was a very special man who brought people together and gave us all a richer more fulfilling life by living a life dedicated to family, school and rugby. These 3 central aspects to Terry’s life are the inspiration behind something special in our community that will be a lasting tribute to Terry by supporting young people taking up rugby or sport in the future through the Terry Pryor Trust
The Terry Pryor Trust will provide opportunities for young people in the Redruth community and beyond to participate in, and benefit from the social, physical and developmental aspects of rugby union.
This trust is based upon the following purposes:
- To advance the education of young people in Redruth schools and Redruth Rugby Club by providing and assisting in the provision of coaching, facilities and equipment in such ways as the charity’s trustees think fit including by:
- Awarding to such persons grants or bursaries at school, college or university
- By developing their mental, physical and moral capabilities through sporting activities, in particular rugby union
- The relief of financial hardship of people living or working in Redruth by providing such persons with goods or services which they could not otherwise afford through lack of means
Providing recreational and leisure time activity in the interest of social welfare for people living in the Redruth community who have need, by reason, of their youth, age, infirmity or disability, poverty and social or economic circumstances, with a view to improving the conditions of life of such persons.
Trustees of the Terry Pryor Trust
- Dave Penberthy: Vice-Chair
- Craig Martin: Chair
- Nigel Hambly
- Craig Bonds
- Craig Salamone: Treasurer and Secretary
- Chris Hailey
Fundraising for the Terry Pryor Trust
If you would like to donate to the Trust, let us know about any fundraising activities you are involved with or you have fundraising ideas, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Earlier this year, the Trust kindly provided new kit for the Redruth School U16 team, which they wore in their victorious County final.